Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Preface


I have started letters or journals or notes to you many, many times in the past 3 years. Written bits here and there. I just never was any good at keeping up with them. I didn’t know exactly where I wanted to go with the writing. What I wanted to tell you. I now realize that I should have just kept writing. Sharing my thoughts. Going whatever direction that day took us.

There are some days I want to be poignant and tell you how amazing it is to watch you grow and learn. Tell you how you get even more beautiful each day I know you. There are other days I want to document the fun times we’ve had. The funny things you say and do. And let me tell you, there are a lot! And then there are the times when it is best to move on. Not necessarily to forget. Just to learn from what went wrong and make it a new day.

My one hope in all of this is that no matter what I write, I want you to know how I feel about you in that moment. About how it made me feel. It’s good to remember, but to put it in writing will keep it forever close to you. I want you to be able to look back at this when I am not nearby and know that I love you. I have always loved you deeper than I ever imagined possible.

Why am I doing this publicly? I want everyone to know how I feel. I also want to be able to share your life with all the people who love you. I will be sure to still keep our private moments private. Moments that don’t necessarily need to be written.

No comments: